30 Jun Jobs & Opportunities at The GEC – July 2017
Company: EI Travel
Role: Accounts Payable
Contact: Laura – email@example.com
An opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly motivated accounts payable individual to join an innovative, young company at the forefront of Irish tourism. The right candidate will have the unique opportunity to work with a diverse range of businesses within the group including; a restaurant, museum, tourist offices, transport services, day tour company and outdoor adventure tours.
- 2-3 Years’ Experience in Accounts Payable or in a similar role
- Experience with Surf accountancy package an advantage, not a necessity
- Experience with Inship purchase invoicing system an advantage, not a necessity
- Outgoing with excellent inter-personal skills
- Works on own initiative
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Innovative and Team Player
Company: Elephant’s Don’t Forget
Role: Software Developer
Contact: Edvin – Edvin@elephantsdontforget.com
Elephants Don’t Forget are a knowledge retention company which provide a unique, intelligent and engaging application that reinforces training and embeds knowledge thus increasing employee capability and competency. Currently they are expanding their operations in Dublin and looking for a Software Developer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance and development of the application. The right candidate will possess a strong combination of analytical and technical aptitude.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability and ambition to rapidly learn new development tools, languages
- Strong Object-Oriented Software design and development skills, good knowledge of software design patterns and software architectures
- Knowledge of server side architectures, clustering, load balancing, microservices, cloud services is a plus.
Company: Hosting Power
Role: Customer Service Internship (Full-time unpaid Internship for 6 x months – Mon to Fri 9am to 4pm with 1 hour lunch break – please note this internship could lead to a full time job)
Contact: Sebastian – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosting Power provides great and fairly priced accommodation for 3rd Level & Postgrad students coming to Dublin. They are now looking for an intern for the position of Customer Service. It is an exciting role with an immediate start date! Choose to do your internship in a company that is changing its industry, work for a fast growing and socially engaged start up!
The internship offers a wide variety of tasks:
- Managing new host application requests by phone and email
- Promoting aspects of being a host and making sure the requirements of Hosting Power are understood
- Following up on suitable host applications and scheduling viewing appointments on behalf of the Property Manager
- Updating the database on a daily basis and building excellent relationships with hosts
Company: Swift Comply
Role: Various roles available – Product Owner, Software Developer, Business Analyst etc…
Contact: Michael – email@example.com
See here for more details
Role: Digital Marketing and Sales Executive
Contact: Anthony – firstname.lastname@example.org
Wattics have an immediate need for an experienced digital marketing and sales executive to work with them on their SaaS energy analytics platform. See here for more details.
Can you help?
GEC Client FintechJobs.ie are about to launch but their Programmer, Luiz is struggling in a few key areas of a technical nature.
Whilst they have made excellent progress, there are some areas of a technical nature that Luiz would greatly appreciate some help on and the team would be very grateful if anyone might be able to give Luiz some assistance/guidance. Someone with strengths in the following areas would be most beneficial; Paypal – IPN / Stripe – PHP MySQL implementation plus Social Media API’s (Linkedin, Twitter)
If there is anyone interested in helping Luiz complete their web project, please get in touch with Gerry directly to organise a coffee date and chat. You can then discuss how such an arrangement might work in terms of hours required etc. Their budget is extremely limited so they’re keen to find someone with a genuine interest in their project then they may be in a position to negotiate some sort of payment dependent on scope of required assistance.
Do you have any Summer Work that you need assistance with? Well GEC Client Terry from Surplus Stock Worldwide might just have the right person for you!
- 2nd Year in NUIG student seeking paid summer work in Dublin. Studying IT & Geography.
- Willing to work at anything from Data entry to manual work!
- Available immediately
Please contact him directly for more info – email@example.com
Looking for a bright, enthusiastic tech-guy? Well we’ve heard Daniel Gartland may be the man you’re looking for as he can think, design, code and also build hardware!
Contact him directly for a copy of his CV: Mobile: (085) 773 6307 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org